i had work to be doing but instead i
When you see someone with a happy icon make a really angry text post
Anybody else remember this episode? In it, a female villain called Femme Fatale is stealing millions of dollars in Susan B. Anthony coins. Naturally, the Powerpuff Girls go to stop her. She then convinces them that men are all horrible because female superheroes aren’t as well known as male superheroes, even asking Blossom to name some to where her only answer is Wonder Woman.
They start acting bitter, refusing to do chores when the Professor asks and even telling the Mayor to save the town himself. Ms. Bellum and Ms. Keane talk to the girls and basically explain that being mean to guys won’t do anything and that isn’t the kind of message feminists should put out.
They proceed to beat up Femme Fatale while giving her a history lesson about Susan B. Anthony, the story where she voted and was found guilty because women couldn’t vote back then, but when the judge wanted to let her off easily because she was a woman, she forced them to take her to jail. The girls handle her and the lesson is that misandry will not stop misogny and we all should just respect each other.
And it fell on Tumblr’s deaf ears.
To the point where many among the sort of person depicted in this episode point out that Lauren Faust later regretted writing the episode. What they conveniently leave out is the fact that it was because of all the death threats she received from that sort of person.
Painted Eyebrow Trends in Tang Dynasty
This is a chart showing different eyebrow trends in the Tang Dynasty. It’s based on a chart in Chinese Clothing by Hua Mei and Gao Chunming (2004), on pg 37. I wanted to create a chart that had the eyebrows on faces.
"Women of the Tang Dynasty paid particular attention to facial appearance, and the application of powder or even rouge was common practice. Some women’s foreheads were painted dark yellow and the dai (a kind of dark blue pigment) was used to paint their eyebrows into different shapes that were called dai mei(painted eyebrows) in general. There were literally a dozen ways to pait the eyebrows and between the brows there was a colourful decoration called hua dian, which was made of specks of gold, silver and emerald feather.” (5000 Years of Chinese Costume, 77)
"…during the years of Yuanho in the reign of Xuanzong the system of costumes changed, and women no longer applied red powder to their faces; instead, they used only black ointment for their lips and made their eyebrows like like the Chinese character ‘八’." (5000 Years of Chinese Costume, 77)
The black lipstick style “was called the ‘weeping makeup’ or ‘tears makeup’.” (Chinese Clothing by Hua Mei, 37)
do your old fandoms ever just come back to you, and you remember how much you love one character, and your just like “I forgot about you for a while but I’m back and I love you too my beautiful baby.”
dang look at this cool shirt from Mexico I really wanted to get it but it was in children’s sizes only
thats no excuse. wear the shirt anyway over your bulging adult body. bust through the seams as you flex your rippling biceps at the police, streaking past the other patrons in the park and clothed in nothing else but the tattered scrap of what used to be a childs shirt. bad as youguana be
Korra Book 3 finale is online right now! These are some backgrounds from this season and some comps from the finale. I did the paint. layout was most likely either Angela Sung or William Niu.
Disney Princess Movies before and after name changes.
"how can we improve these titles?"
If Mean Girls was set in Middle Earth
i just rly wanted to draw them with ponytails
What a fucking cockblock
For anyone who is facing a mountain of debt after they graduate check out this amazing idea:
"SponsorChange has created a mutually-beneficial initiative that provides people power for high-impact non-profits in need, while simultaneously helping to relieve students of their ever-impending debt."
check out this link for more info —->
THANK YOU GOD
SWEET MOTHER OF FUCK MY LIFE IS SAVED HOLY SHIT ON A CRACKER FUCK ME SIDEWAYS
Cookies and Cream Froyo: 3 things you can do to make me automatically like you
Honestly there’s no magic formula, but in general, if you’re amiable, have a sense of humor, and are a relatively open minded person, I’ll be ok with you.
Yeah, you’re not even wearing pants! O8
Tagged by ladymelissa!
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
- Name: Ingrid
- Nickname: Ingthing, Ing, Ingy
- Birthday: Jan 12
- Gender: Female
- Sexuality: Demisexual
- Height: 154cm
- Time zone: GMT+8
- What time and date is it there: 1:57AM, August 24th
- Average hours of sleep I get each night: 5-7 hours
- OTPs: Narumitsu aka Phoenix x Miles (Ace Attorney), Black Jack x Megumi (Black Jack),
- The last thing I Googled was: ”Comics in AP Studio Art”
- First word that comes to mind: Pee (Melissa goddammit why’d you put “toilet” in)
- What I last said to a family member: "Okayyyyy, mom."
- One place that makes me happy and why: The super cool art store in Mong Kok that has LITERALLY EVERYTHING except for maybe digital things. Art supplies make me happy.
- How many blankets I sleep under: Usually one polar fleece, but I amp it up to two if I need to. Tropical climates.
- Favourite beverage: Tea~
- The last movie I watched in the cinema was: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Three things I can’t live without: My hands, my programs, my COMPUTER.
- Something I plan on learning: A lot of things! More about design in general, about illustration, about economics, etc…
- A piece of advice for all my followers: It’s extremely important to reflect on yourself even if nothing’s been going on. Introspection is key to gaining control.
- You have to listen to this song:
Just One Yesterday (ft. Foxes) by Fall Out Boy
- My blog(s): ingthing is my personal blog, objectionablygaylawyers is my ace attorney blog, and ingthing-art is my art blog.
Of course, if you’re not comfortable with filling all this out, don’t do this, but I tag mistymiles, wilsonminibutz, polast-u-s, littleworthy, rubyland-lookin-fo-da-bootyland, litmusfox, kophing, durianthing, and willprowers!